Friday, August 18, 2006
Anniversary? What Anniversary?
This will mark the third year in a row that my anniversary has been a dud.

Year 1, we find out that I am pregnant and the morning sicknesss kicks in just as fast as the positive sign appeared. We had Wendy's for dinner and met my closest friends new little baby born that morning. No card, no flowers, nothing.

Year 2, we are too hectic taking care of our own little bundle of joy that we just blow off the anniversary this year. I think I might have gotten him a card. I know I got no card, no flowers, nothing.

Year 3, my husband isn't even in the same state as me. I thoughtfully stuffed a sentimental mushy card in his suitcase before he left. What did I get? No card, no flowers, nothing.

We're at 0 for 3. Maybe next year will be better.

But I at least got to spend the time with some good friends of mine:
Lorelai & Rory
Ben & Jerry

Good times.


3 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

sorry =(

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a bummer.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. =(

Post a Comment

<< Home