Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Lonliness
I think I'm oh so touchy about DH coming home late tonight because I know this weekend is going to be one filled with lonliness.

Friday night: DH is going to a holiday party at his bosses house. I've been to these before and they're very fun. His boss is very cool and his wife is totally fun. The co-workers are great to talk to and everyone drinks and eats and has a great time. DH told me to stop in with the baby but this is just not an appropriate atmosphere and he totally agrees with me but doesn't want me to feel left out. Which, I do. It sucks. I know its one of many small sacrafices that you make when you become a parent, but sometimes I feel like I'm making all the sacrafices.

Anyway, DH tells me that he is "just going to have a few drinks" and then come home. I say Yeah Right! Just don't even bother, I know that if you tell me that you won't be there late you will so just don't make me little empty promises. He agreed with me and said, yeah you're right. I'll be out all night. Fine.

Saturday: DH thoughtfully scheduled a window installation measurement for Saturday mid-morning at the apartment house we own. Yeah, I know its something that is part and parcel with being a landlord. But that means that the only two days that I get a little break with the childcare is now compromised and I get no break.

Sunday: DH and his brother are going to the Patriots game. This means he will leave in the morning and will not be home until late in the evening. I know because we went to the game together before we had the baby, it was so awesome. I'm really glad that he's going, I'm really jealous that he's going and I'm not. At the same time I just want to freaking cry because Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - no break! Again, I love my kid (I feel like I need to keep saying this so no one thinks I am an awful parent - maybe I am) but I NEED A BREAK.

Even though I spend all day with another person at my side literally all but two hours out of the day, I have never felt so very lonely in all my life. I think this is one of the hardest parts about being a stay-at-home Mom.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home