Friday, April 21, 2006
And if you read that last post
then you will understand why I'm having major anxiety about this post.

My mother left on Sunday morning for Maine and I thought that was the last we'd see of them for a while. I was wrong. They called on Tuesday night and said they were going to stop back by on Wednesday morning on their way home. So they took Aiden and I out for breakfast.

Over breakfast they show me pictures of this house that they're buying on a lake in Maine. That's nice. I'm happy for them. Blah blah.

They then proceed to tell me that they've both applied for jobs up here again at their old work site. They're hoping to get them so they can move back up here. My mothers words were: We hope to move to Mystic, Stonington, or Groton. Close enough to see you regularly but not close enough to be annoying.

Personally, I feel that if they are closer than 4 hours away they are too close and are already annoying at 9 hours away right now. Those three towns are less than 20 minutes from my home. This makes me feel panicy. I'm not joking. I feel pressure in my chest and like I can't breathe. And now I want to cry because the thought is just unbearable to me.

But there is nothing I can do to prevent it. DH doesn't help, patronizingly saying that I should relax and it won't be that bad. I can't relax. I can only hyperventilate.

I know its not normal to feel so anxious about this but you see what its like when we mix. We're oil and water. Distance is good in our relationship. If I tell her that it would crush her and only make things worse. Maybe Beaner and her DH can pull some strings and make sure this can't happen since they've got connections at that site.

What do you say Beaner? For my sanity?


6 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! NOOOO!!!!!


Help Beaner, PLEASE!

=)

Blogger spicyB26 said...

I beaner promise to do what I can to keep crazy mother far, far away.....

Im sorry muffy, I know you are going through a lot of things right now. As hard as it is focus on the real important ones first. the new job thing would happy fast. Smooches

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh geez! I hope that plans falls through ASAP!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nightmare! but look how well you stood up for yourself and were so calm last Friday. You should be really proud of yourself!

Blogger Muffy said...

Yeah, I stood up for myself but inside I was so sick. I couldn't stop dwelling on it and felt that set the tone for how I reacted to her the rest of the weekend.

It was like every time I saw her I was reminded of how irritating she can be and I was on pins and needles waiting for the next thing that was going to set her off.

I can't live like that.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
»

Post a Comment

<< Home