Sunday, April 09, 2006
And then I panic
It finally happened. It was bound to sooner or later, right?

Aiden's first fall which drew blood. I've been kicking myself over and over about it.

I wasn't paying enough attention and he caught his leg in the strap of his booster chair which I was letting him play with. It was like slow motion, tumbling forward right into the coffee table at my sister in-laws house. I picked him up and he clung to me so tightly, crying his head off.

It is such a great feeling to be needed and to give comfort but at the same time I'd give that up to never see my baby hurt ever again. It took a few minutes to notice but he hit his gum right above his front tooth and it was bleeding profusely.

He seems to be better now so thankfully there is no lasting harm. I was worried that he might have knocked his tooth that is coming in a little loose. DH said to give him a cracker to chew on to see if it hurt him. I asked him if he was insane. Would he like to chomp on something hard after getting knocked in the teeth? Anyway, some tylenol and orajel and he is a new baby.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home