Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Happy April
I think April should be re-named Month To Get Your Butt In Gear and Do Something. Or do you think that is too long?

We had a very productive weekend and now I'm totally exhausted. I never knew how tiring it was to not sit around reading books, blogs, and drinking beer all weekend. (see how I did that with the 3 b's? pretty clever huh?)

So my mission was to paint my front door and replace the outside light fixture. I thought it would be an easy peasy weekend project. Well, it is actually but not when your husband decides that he would like to clean out/clean up the office aka the room that catches all our crap. (everyone has one of these rooms, don't deny it, you do)

The spic and spanning of the office somehow morphed into moving the furniture around which meant that everything that was in the office is now strewn around my kitchen, dining room, and living room. Moving the furniture gave us the idea that now we have more room and hey maybe we should convert half the room to a playroom for Aiden.

To make this very boring entry very exciting I will liven up the rest of it here:

Me: We should get a shelf with like cubbies! Then we could put his stuff IN the cubbies. Then we should get those foam alphabet tiles for the floor because how cute would that be?

DH: We don't have a lot of money is it cheap?

Me: Sure. Lets look at Walmart, that place is cheap.

We go to Walmart. Don't have the stuff. Go to Benny's. Don't have the stuff. Then drive 30 minutes to Toys R' Us who had the tiles (which I knew all along so shouldn't we have saved ourselves the hassle and just gone there?). Then went to Target to get the shelf (which I knew all along.....gone there?).

DH: bang bang bang (setting up shelf)

Me: paint! paint! paint! (finish one side of door and decide I'm so sick of painting now)

Aiden: I don't want to nap! *whine* I'll help Daddy by opening and closing the office door 10 gajillionmillion times.

In the end the door was done. The light fixture was changed. It looks kewl.

The play area is semi done. The crap in the office is still strewn about my house. I have no energy left to sort/toss/clean it. Maybe we'll save that for next weekend. Then I'll come back here and tell you all about it. I know you're looking forward to it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home