Monday, January 30, 2006
I'm cheating
On my diet. I'm cheating on my diet.

I find dieting to be too restrictive. I don't like be restricted. Maybe its a gut reaction due to the fact that I was raised in a very strict religion all my life. I must rebel at every opportunity.

That is precisely what I do with this diet. Everytime I'm out and about I must get myself something that I'm not supposed to have - two white chocolate macadamia cookies, a bagel, a donut, a greasy pretzel with honey mustard.

I never tell my husband what I do but I always feel like he knows. He must know. Doesn't he notice that I'm not losing any more weight (I'm not gaining any either)? Probably not if you read my last posting.

I'm sitting here contemplating what I'm going to have for lunch. I could be good and make a salad but that just seems like a huge effort and I want to be lazy today. There is a frozen cheese pizza calling my name but I've been resisting it for weeks. It would be so easy to just cave in. I feel like I have these battles everyday. It IS so easy just to cave in and that is what I always do.

I'm never going to lose any real weight unless I stop making the easy choice. So why bother dieting at this stage? Its just counterproductive and making me miserable. I don't know when I'll be ready to get serious about this but I don't know if its now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home