Friday, January 20, 2006
I've got the fever
The baby fever. Everytime I see a newborn I ache and think oh I want one! Every time I hear of a new pregnancy, be it a friend or a celebrity, I think oh I really want one!

So I finally got up the nerve to ask DH last night when he thinks we should try for another baby. His answer: I don't know. Then he says: Not soon. OKAAAAAAY. Well that clears that question right up.

He told me that he thinks I should get my body back to the condition I want it in first. Which, yes and no. Yes, because then maybe I wouldn't be starting out the wrong way. No, because why get myself all slimmed down to fatten back up immediately again. I just don't know what the best choice is here.

The other reason he gave is that he still wants to enjoy Aiden right now, just Aiden. I can totally understand that. That is the big reason I'm doubting trying now too. But I think that we'll still be able to enjoy Aiden because we've got 9 months before we have another child.

I asked if he'd be willing to just throw caution to the wind and let it happen when it happens. He's not keen on the idea. I really tried to sell it to him though. It took us 9 months to get pregnant with Aiden and that was with charting and an effort for perfect timing. This time I think it would take longer since we aren't doing it every other day like we were back then. But he said I don't know for certain that that is what will happen and I could get pregnant the very next time.

So, no decision has been made yet. I think its safe to say we aren't going to start trying for a little while yet. We'll see, maybe this summer.


2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Hee hee...welcome to my life! Dh said the same thing to me...that he wants more time to enjoy Anthony alone. I told him it's not like I get pg and then the next day there's a baby.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, are you guys for real?!? I couldn't imagine, it makes me tired thinking about it. Though, I guess things might be different in nine months, but still! *wink*

Post a Comment

<< Home