Monday, January 16, 2006
The calm before the storm
Today is going to be a good day. Aiden and I are going to a playdate at 11 with a little girl who is 6 months old and a little boy who is 8 months old. It should be a nice time. I'm really looking forward to it. Tomorrow, Aiden and I are going to chill out at the house and do some cleaning. This is the calm before the storm.

Because Wednesday the she-devil from the south is coming. Thats right folks, my mother will be arriving. Dun Dun Dun Dun DUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!

*sigh*

I wish I wasn't so freaked out. Its just that I can't recollect a single visit with my mother that hasn't ended in a fight and her storming out of here vowing never to return again. The worst part is that DH will be working and I will be stuck with her evilness yet again. This is what they do, they arrive at 8 o'freakin clock in the morning and stay ALL DAY LONG. But its not even pleasant though. Its tense the whole time. My stepfather just parks himself on my couch with the remote while my mother keeps picking the baby up and not just letting him play or just be. She keeps forcing stepfather to hold him, when he clearly does not want to be held and then a scream fest ensues.

If I take the baby off to go nurse him or put him down for a nap that means that I'm deliberately keeping him from her or running this place like a prison because can't a baby just skip a nap when his evil no good grandmother is in town. FUCK NO! I'm hoping that the saving grace will be my little guy this time. He is now very adament about what he wants and will tantrum if she doesn't let him do what he wants. He won't let her keep picking him up and definitely won't let her be in his face every single second. Is it bad that I'm looking forward to this part?

She called to say that they will be here Wednesday and would like to spend Thursday - Saturday with him. UGH! UGH! UGH!! I don't want that many straight hours with my mother. I'll die! Plus I have plans Thursday night and Saturday afternoon. I can't stand that she comes in here like a tornado and wrecks everything we've got going on.

Wish me luck!


2 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Good Luck! Take deep breaths and stick to your guns. You're Aiden's mommy. You know best!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
»

Post a Comment

<< Home