Saturday, January 14, 2006
9 months old
My little guy is 9 months old today. I can't help but wonder where the time has gone. More than half of the first year of his life has flown by. I look back on the early days when everything seemed SO hard and I get misty and long to go back and do it all again. Now everything still seems so hard because I'm actually expected to teach him stuff. That is a heck of a lot of pressure.

He is working on his mobility more and more everyday. He is a late mover thats for sure. He has finally mastered rolling over! yes, thats right rolling over. He will roll all around his room now and I'm having trouble putting him down for naps because he keeps rolling all around his crib and bonking his head on stuff. He is kind of crawling but not really. He plants his head on the floor and then pulls his legs up at an akward angle. One goes out to his side and it looks like he is going to break his hip. He also stands pretty well at his Leapstart table. He can stand at it and turn around to me and then turn back.

I've been making the alphabet sounds to him everyday for the last couple of weeks and he loves listening to it. I noticed that since doing this he can now make the B, V, and Th sounds. I also noticed that he knows what we're saying a lot of the time. I guess now I have to start watching my language around him.

I was thinking last night about how much I love him. Its such a powerful feeling. I've never felt like this for any other person in my life. I love him so much that it makes me want to cry, my chest aches, and I just want to burst. Some people wonder how can you possibly love another child as much as your first and I have to say that its probably really easy. I know I can't wait to feel this love for our future children. Its addicting.

Well, I'm going to go and plant some big smoochers on my little man. Happy 9 months chunky mc monkey.



1 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Happy 9 month birthday, adorable boy!

It seems like he gets cuter every day. Each new photo I see is cuter than the last!

Post a Comment

<< Home