Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Aiden stuff
So two days before his first birthday he decided to drop his second nap of the day. It was a pretty difficult transition. I had to figure out what the right time of day should be for him to nap so that he's not difficult in the mornings and a beast in the evenings. I think we've got it pretty much figured out now. I actually really like this one nap a day thing. We can go places and do more things without worrying about getting him back home in time for his nap. (he was never an out and about/on the go napper)

We were also having major food issues. He didn't want to be fed by us anymore but he wouldn't pick up and feed himself a lot of the foods we offered. It led to alot of difficult meals and tears on both sides. Thanks to Beaner things have settled down remarkably. The advice she gave was to stop fighting with him over it and find other ways to get the fruits and vegetables in him. So now I sneak spinach into his grilled cheese, cut up vegitables really small and add them to homemade meatballs, smear his fruit (pureed) onto toast, or cover them in graham cracker crumbs.

The last issue is weaning. I've been looking forward to weaning for a while now. My goal was to nurse for one year. We made it! I wanted to start weaning very slowly over a couple of months. We started by dropping his nursing after his morning nap. Instead we just gave him a sippy of breastmilk/whole milk mixed together with his lunch. He did beautifully. Then two days later he decided that he didn't want to nurse in the afternoon or before bed. He fought for a couple of days each time - biting, kicking, crying - before I gave up trying. It made me feel really sad and honestly, a little hurt. Now we only nurse once a day, in the morning when he wakes up. I really don't know how much longer that is going to go on for since this morning he bit me pretty good when he was finished. I can't relax at all when he nurses for fear of him biting, which sucks, especially because he's got all 4 front teeth now. I guess its time to let it go. He's got to stop some time. I just struggle with so many emotions - losing this bond/attachment that only we shared, feeling like he doesn't need me as much as he did before, and the hormonal shift which is triggering a mild depression in me.

So that is whats been going on lately, on top of the crap my mother loads on.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home