Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Screaming at the top of my lungs
Aarrgh! I am SO frustrated.

Chris and I just had a little spat. It was not pretty. I am so just pissed off and completely annoyed with him. Where do I begin?

I called him at 4:30 and asked him if he could try to get home a little early today because Aiden only napped for a half hour (in the car) this afternoon. So I'd pretty much been going with him since 11 this morning. He said he would try.

Six o'clock rolls around and he comes waltzing in the door. I already have Aiden in his high chair and am getting him his dinner. This is his job and yet he can't be home early enough to start it. I started fuming as the minutes crept closer to 6 pm. If he had just said I'm sorry I was late, I tried, everything would have been forgiven. But he says nothing of the sort. He just acts all hurt that I'm annoyed. What the fuck ever!

I asked him to give Aiden his bath tonight without me which was met with great attitude. I swear. If he would just spend one day in my shoes and feel how exhausting it is taking care of a toddler who won't stay still! It would be one thing if he could walk well on his own but he is only at the pulling up/cruising on furniture stage. He is getting into everything and is exerting his curiousity about his surroundings. I have to be hands on every moment he is awake. Its tiring.

I told Chris that all I needed was an I'm sorry. He gets all huffy and says that he got home as early as he could and he shouldn't have to apologize for that. Fine, then just say that. Don't come home and act like everything is cool and not mention it. I try to tell him how hard its been today and he says that his job is hard too. I'm sorry but having worked for many years I don't think anything compares to motherhood. Its is the hardest, most demanding, thankless, selfless job I've ever had. To which my dearest husband replies "well the jobs you've had haven't been that hard." SHUT UP! Focker!

Ok. Deep breaths. In and out. I need to calm down or I will explode again. I was planning on putting out tonight too. Shaved and everything. Guess what? Not on your life. No fucking way.

Oh, you know what else he said. This is rich. "If you can't handle him now, how are you going to handle things with another baby?" I said, you learn to adjust and deal with what you have to. He said exactly, deal with what you have to. I have BEEN dealing. Is it too much to ask that you come home at a decent time. You leave at 7 am and come home at 6 pm. You spend a measly 2.5 hours with your son everyday. Shut up until you've been there.


2 Comments:

Blogger Jamila said...

gah, that sounds so frustrating!

Blogger Stacey said...

It always sucks when you go the extra effort to shave and then get into a fight, huh? =)

Sorry you had a fight...those are no fun at all.

Post a Comment

<< Home