Friday, March 24, 2006
I need incentive
I have decided that I can't possibly lose any weight unless I have some serious incentive. I don't think just wanting to be thinner is enough. I need something tangible, a real reward, a light at the end of the tunnel.

I almost want my husband to tell me that if I lose 15 lbs. we can try to have another baby. But I don't think that will do it since he'd be willing to even if I didn't lose any weight. I just feel like I'm holding back on trying to get pregnant again because I don't want to start off this much overweight. I feel like if I can't get my shit together with one kid, how am I going to bounce back with two?

What else can there be to motivate me? Do it for your child I tell myself. Yeah, sure, ok. Still not getting off my butt though. I think of how much more energy I'll have when I'm not dragging around all these extra pounds. They're really weighing me down. Don't I want to be that fun mom that chases my kid around and has lots of fun because not only do I enjoy the time with him but I feel good about myself too?

Maybe a certain mini-van would move me enough. Hmmmm. I'll have to bring that up to DH. If I drop oh 30 lbs. maybe we could seriously look into trading in my car. That would definitely stir something up in me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home