Wednesday, December 20, 2006
I can't wait for Christmas
I had to have my husband stay home today and watch Aiden while I took care of some dental work. He was going to just take a half day but they asked me to come back in the early afternoon for more work so he took a whole day. He said to me when I got back "Now what should I do with my day?"

I just couldn't believe that the thought didn't even cross his mind. How about Christmas shopping?!?! I mean, its the Wednesday before Christmas and you haven't gone shopping even once yet. Hello? Does that not sound like a logical idea? He kind of hemmed and hawed and I said, what? You'd rather go this weekend when its going to be nuts? If it were me, I'd be all over shopping right now, there won't long lines and crowded stores at this time of day, hopefully. But maybe that is just me, since I've been done for over a week with my shopping. I don't procrastinate.

Why am I getting in such a tizzy over this you ask? Well, its because every year since we've been together he does a mighty poor job at shopping for Christmas. I'd never tell him this but the fact is that every year as we open our gifts he apologizes for getting me hardly anything or anything that is thoughtful/good. I am really sick of this routine. I'm done with it. I'd rather he just get me an I.O.U. than spend money on crap. I hate being apologized at on Christmas morning. Its just not pleasant. So you would think that he'd remember that come the next December when its time to do the shopping again. But no, he still procrastinates.


1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

men.

:P

Post a Comment

<< Home