Tuesday, November 14, 2006
This parenting thing is hard
I miss the easy going stage of the pre-crawling, pre-walking, pre-solid solids babyhood. He was fun at one but at almost 2 he is pushing those terrible two's early. The walking leads to getting into everything. Getting into everything leads to near accidents, poisoning, and more fun. The food situation is just hard. Today, I put a bowl of pea soup in front of him for lunch. Normally, he loves my pea soup. But its usually a dinner time food. What was I thinking? Right?

Well, I've never heard a tantrum as bad as this come out of my little boy before. I literally froze up. I just did not know what to do. I'd never been faced with such extreme pissed off-ness. He was batting my hand away with the spoonful of soup, therefore making a mess of him and me. Then he tried to push the bowl of soup off his tray, that didn't work but made more mess, then he tried to tip the bowl over. I gave him a stern no. That caused lots of screaming, red faced, tears. FUN! So I made him half a sandwich (Yes, I know they should eat what you make them and don't give into the fit but really, what could I do?). After he ate a few bites he was very receptive to the soup. He ate the whole bowl.

What the? Why? I just don't understand them. I don't know if I ever will.

Anywho, Mommy still has the upper hand because that tantrum won him a free pass to an early nap time. Mommy needed a break.


1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

And just think...we get to start all over again with another one!

My boy got an early nap today too - his red-faced tantrum was about the guitar not fitting properly in his lap and the glider.

what weird boys we have.

Post a Comment

<< Home