Sunday, February 18, 2007
This may sound like bragging
I just can't help but share how proud I am of one of my sons accomplishments. Where he has always been a little behind a lot of kids his age when it came to crawling, walking, eating, and talking there is one area he has suddenly shone. He knows his alphabet! I can't help but think all that reading we do has rubbed off a bit. I also want to give credit to the Leapfrog Fridge Phonics toy and foam bath letters.

He can recognize and point to each and every letter of the alphabet when asked. We're currently working on his numbers now and he is doing really well with that. Now he can't say every letter but he has been behind on speech for a long time so we take what we can get. Currently he says B, C, D, E, F, G, H, M, N, O, P, S, T, V, X, and Z.

This has made Aiden more aware of his world in such a great way. Some examples are that he now picks out letters and says them when we're driving like if he sees them on a tractor trailer truck or a road sign. The other day I found him checking out the warning label on a baby toy and pointing to all the letters he can say as he looked at me and said them. I am so proud of him and I just wanted to share it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home