Monday, February 27, 2006
The twenty dollar question
Let me ask you something. Would you lie to someone to spare them pain and heartache?

Let me ask you another question. Would you answer a very personal question asked by someone who you aren't close with? Someone who you don't share personal things with? A question about something that you haven't shared with anyone else EVER?

Personally, I feel that if I wanted to share anything with this person I would do it on my own terms. I want to ask this person, what do you really expect me to say? You want me to answer something for you that I've never spoken of to anyone. I can understand wanting to know but can you understand me not wanting to tell you?

This is something that has been bothering me for many many months. The question was asked almost a year ago and I still think I did the right thing by not telling them the truth. But I have a sinking feeling that sooner or later the truth will be known and it will hurt this person. It will hurt me too. But not only will the truth hurt this person, the fact that I didn't say anything when I had the chance will hurt even more.

Or maybe they will never find out. Maybe.


1 Comments:

Blogger C said...

Without knowing any specifics, I think it's perfectly okay not to share something with an acquaintance if you're not comfortable doing it. If the truth comes out and they're hurt, then fine, but IMHO, they shouldn't have asked such a personal question in the first place.

Post a Comment

<< Home