Friday, February 24, 2006
Thats enough for now
I had my second dental appointment yesterday to get filings done from when my teeth apparently rotted like crazy during my pregnancy. I had ten cavities. TEN!! So now I've had half of them filled and still need to go back for two more appointments.

So here is something I don't understand about the dentist. Why and split it up into all these visits? Personally, I think its so they can make oodles of money out of me. Because with every new visit I pay another co-pay. Which is now not so cheap with DH's insurance - I paid $80 each vist for the copay alone. Then you factor in how much the filings cost out of pocket after the insurance barely pays a portion and we've already spent almost $500 on my stupid teeth.

DH and I discussed this last night and decided that we should postpone the rest of the filings. I know this isn't the smartest idea because when it comes to your teeth, well, you kind of need them. But money just isn't flowing right now. In fact, just yesterday DH got an overdraft notice from his bank. Also, we need to refill our oil tank before we run out and have no idea how we're going to pay for it. I don't like this living paycheck to paycheck. Its not the example on how to be financially smart that I want to set for our children.

Maybe I should get a part time job and work weekends. I don't know. I should do what I can to help though, I hate feeling like a freeloader even though I'm doing an important job taking care of our son. All the more reason for DH to get his butt back to school I guess. Well, I'm off to balance my check book and see what I can scrounge up for oil.


4 Comments:

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Yes you're right there. Dentists are not the happiest career people I think. Not much patients (LoL). No one wants to see a dentist even for free unless of course it really is that bad.

Blogger Stacey said...

I could have written that last paragraph of your post word for word. I almost went to Applebee's last week to get a job working over the lunch hour. I know how being financial "tight" feels...I hope it gets better for you soon

Blogger Me said...

Muffy, thanks for your honesty in posting this. It's good to hear that there are others in the place where we are. I already work full time and I'm looking for a part-time job too. There's just no way we can make ends meet on what I make and on what DH can make working and going to school.

I hate money -- or feeling like I don't have it -- and having to pick which bills to pay and getting overdraft notices and being cold because oil is expensive...

Anyway -- I don't have any advice or anything but I just want to say you're not alone...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post a Comment

<< Home