Thursday, February 23, 2006
The long hard road ahead
DH and I discussed last night the possibility of him returning to school to get his bachelors degree. Its really not something that he can NOT do. If he ever wants to advance or get a much better pay increase he needs to finish his schooling. Sure, he's been at this same job for 10 years now, but people his age are starting to get into positions that he could very well do but isn't considered for because of his lack of degree.

So we discussed it and I think he should do it now while Aiden is still young. I feel that the older he gets the more he is going to want Daddy's attention. He won't even remember all the weekends Daddy is studying in a few years. Its going to be really hard since I will have to take on the role of main parental figure but I think it will be worth it in the end. Eventually, DH will repay me for my efforts by taking on my role while I go back and finish school. I even thought about just taking on one course (online) myself now but DH doesn't think its a good idea. We'll see. I'm still thinking about it.

I know I'm going to need to finish eventually. I'm not going to be staying at home forever. Plus, its good to keep my mind stimulated. But, maybe now isn't the best time for it. I'd have to be studying while Aiden naps and after he goes to bed in the evenings. It would leave no time for fun. But if DH is also studying it doesn't leave me trying to entertain myself by myself. We'll see, I need to think about it some more.