Friday, March 10, 2006
Behold the power of my stupidity
This is embarassing. I've never done something so blatantly stupid before in my life, that I can remember. All I can say to defend myself is that I have post partum mommy brain, which does not allow me the pre-baby level of intelligence that I used to have.

So this is what I did. I ordered the invitations for Aiden's birthday party. I've been procrastinating filling them out for weeks now because there are so many to write. I finally sat down last night and wrote each invite out. Then I went through and put our address labels on all the envelops. After I did that I sat down here at the computer and started to pull up a list so I can address them. That is when it hit me. How totally and completey stupid I have become.

As I print the list I shudder to think of what my husband is going to think. Here is how that conversation went:

Me: Hey do you know how many people we are inviting to Aiden's birthday party?

Chris: Isn't it like 30 people.

Me: Yes, and do you know how many invitations I bought?

Chris: No, how many?

Me: Yeah, 30. Do you know how many of those people live in the same household?

Chris: oh no. You idiot!

Me: I know! I can not believe how stupid I am. This is a new low. I am so ashamed.

I bought and filled out 30 invites!!! When I only need to send, get this, ready for it? Be prepared to be impressed:









8

*and three of those 30 were Chris, Aiden and I. D'oh!!!


3 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Again - it's like looking in a mirror...I did that with our wedding invitations =)

Blogger Jamila said...

lol! Save the rest for next year and just white-out the info and fill in the new info. That would be klassy.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Oh honey, been there, done that.

Post a Comment

<< Home