Sunday, December 04, 2005
Its all routine
Why is it that for my DH is all routine? When I take care of Aiden, I watch his cues and follow his lead. When DH does, its what should I be doing now, he'll ask me? I think some routine is good for him, but if he isn't ready to eat at 6 am on the dot every morning should you make him?

Aiden has been whining off and on since 4:30 this morning. DH and I have an agreement that he will go in to Aiden if he wakes up during the night. So does he go in? No. Finally, at 6 (because this is the routine) DH gets up and goes downstairs for about 15 minutes, why it takes him that long to make a bottle, well I have no clue.

While he is downstairs, I think to myself, maybe he isn't ready to get up yet. He hasn't had real sleep since 4:30 so maybe he is tired and needs his paci and can't find it. I go plunk it in his mouth and he falls back to sleep. DH then comes up the stairs and starts running the hot water in the bathroom off Aiden's room to heat up his bottle. WTF?!?! Seriously! Snap out of the routine for a second and realize Aiden went back to sleep!

I run into the bathroom and turn off the water hoping he didn't wake him up. Then DH walks over and noisely asks me what I'm doing, all outside the babies room! Hello!!! So Aiden was then woken up and DH is now huffy with me because I told him my schpeal about routine and blah blah. I think he is ticked at me. Oh well. After 15 minutes of lying in bed hoping Aiden would fall back to sleep he asks me all snotty "Can I go get him now?"

Sometimes the baby doesn't need to be getting up at 6 am. Sometimes its good to give him his paci and encourage to go back to sleep for a little while. But no, DH wouldn't ever do that. No because 6 am is convenient for him to get up and get ready for work after Aiden has his bottle. So without a kick in his pants from me, he will never stray from routine.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
» »

Post a Comment

<< Home