Monday, December 05, 2005
My own separation anxiety
I can't tell if its worse for me or for him to be separated. We've got this holiday dinner party coming up this weekend for DH's work. We go every year. Its great fun. Everyone gets totally plastered and we all laugh our asses off. But I feel that this year will be a little different.

DH called up our only babysitting option, my MIL. She totally rocks. She is one of the only people I trust with Aiden. I don't feel at all worried (well maybe slightly worried but less than I could be) when she is caring for him.

Anyway, she said that she can't come here and stay overnight to watch him like she usually does. My FIL comes with her and its like a mini-vacation for them, since DH's Aunt lives with them. But now they can't leave overnight because they heat their home with a wood stove and no one will be there to put logs on the fire, since DH's Aunt is totally not capable of doing that (she's afraid of the wood stove). So DH is like, ok, fine we'll bring Aiden and all his stuff up. We'll get ready early (yeah, and we won't get spitup or baby food on us at ALL) and we'll come up the next day to get Aiden and meet you for our nephews b-day party.

Does he discuss this with me? NOOOOOO! Am I cool with this? HELL NO!

Aiden is already going through this I don't like people who aren't Mommy, Daddy or Auntie Brenna. How is that going to make him feel to be in a strange place without us? Plus, its a super huge pain in my butt because of the whole nursing issue. I do not want to do all that pumping, its totally hard on the nips. Also, emotionally I just can not handle coming home to an empty house after the party and then waking up in our house without Aiden there. It would just totally make me a pile of mushy sobby pitifulness. We can't go pick him up after the party because its 45 minutes from here and DH will be in no condition to drive, plus it will be like 12 degrees or less out. Also, we've got to go up there on Sunday for the b-day party. That would be a lot of driving for us.

So DH asks me when will we ever be able to send him somewhere overnight. I ask Why do we need to? He wants me to work out a solution to the problem. Yeah, so I'll stay home and you go. Have fun! Arrgh! He also said that we need to work up to getting Aiden more comfortable with people, yeah I'm trying ok. We're starting MOMs club this week. He asked me when do I think I'll be ok with sending him away overnight (when he's leaving for college) and I say, maybe when he's 1.

So no real solution. Maybe I will be spending my Saturday night alone this weekend.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys just don't understand how breastfeeding works. That arrangement so wouldn't work for me, either.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muff men suck. I'm sorry but they just do not get this. But on a bright note. I cried my eyes out the first night Q spent away from me. But you know what. I woke up in the middle of the night and realized something. I'm free. No diapers to change, no baby to feed. It was kinda nice. I know it's going to be hard as hell but don't let anyone push you into doing something you don't want to do.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness caused by Diazepam Do not crush or chew or break the extended-release form of Diazepam

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
»

Post a Comment

<< Home