Tuesday, January 03, 2006
My new cds music review
I got several new CDs for Christmas this year. I have listened to them all and here is my review:

Fall Out Boy, From Under the Cork Tree - its a little bit punk, not real true punk, but punk like Green Day is. I really like it. This ties for my favorite new CD with one other one I got. I haven't heard a single song on the CD that I don't like and I think its so rare these days to like an entire CD from beginning to end.

The Killers, Hot Fuss - AWESOME! This is my favorite one so far. Every song is really good. Some of the songs give me a throw back to the 80s feeling. I have listened to this one several times already and it give me a really good feeling, it just energizes me if you believe music has that ability.

Gwen Stefani, Love, Angel, Music, Baby - Well, with the exception of the songs that have already been released to the radio and TV, I don't like any of the other songs. Which isn't so bad since 80% of the album was released as singles.

Coldplay, X&Y - I've only listened to it twice now but I definitely think their last album was better. The songs are all really mellow and kind of blah. Nothing is really moving, no really cool piano rhythms with the exception of Fix You. I guess I'll try it again for relaxing in the bath or something, not driving cause it will make you drowsy.

Kanye West, Late Registration - I like the first half of this cd more than the second half. I have to admit that I haven't listened to the second half more than once yet. I know this probably doesn't sound all that great but here is the feeling I get - I love rap music, always have. But there comes a point when I get so sick of songs constantly about how black people are oppressed and they need to take back what is theirs. I respect Kanye for his music but I don't respect this attitude. I've always felt sympathetic but was he ever a slave? Was his mother? Father? No, I seriously doubt it. Enough already!

Laurie Berkner, Under a Shady Tree - This is Aiden's CD but I'll review it anyway. SO good. This truly is a non-annoying children's music CD. The songs really get stuck in your head. DH and I were singing them to each other alot over the week. Every song is fun and catchy. This is going to be one of my new must buys for new mothers.


3 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

Yay! I'm so glad you liked Laurie! *beaming proudly* The very last song is my favorite. And I like Slick and Sly and also Shortnin Bread and also I'ma gonna drive my car. Umm, yeah, I like the whole thing. Ooo, I'm also glad to hear The Killers new one is good. I want that one badly.

Blogger Muffy said...

I'm listening to I'ma gonna drive my car right now. This is the fourth time I've listened to this cd today.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» » »

Post a Comment

<< Home