Sunday, February 19, 2006
The first time I sit down all day
Is today Sunday? I have not had a relaxing weekend at all. DH sprung a birthday party for my MIL on me late last week. Guess when it is? TODAY. Yep. So Friday was spent brainstorming what to serve and yesterday was spent shopping and preparing. I stayed up until 11 last night trying to get as much of the meal made ahead of time as could be done. I know thats not really that late but when you consider that somebody, I won't name names, decided that 4:30 am is a great time to start the day, well it doesn't seem too early a bedtime.

So what are we having you ask? Oh I think I've outdone myself this time folks. See, I love to cook. I love to ohhhs and ahhhs I get when I prepare a scrumptious meal. I always want to top myself everytime we have guests. I pride myself on the fact that what you will be served in my house is very different from any of my other ILs. But they love that about me. I always go a little more middle eastern with my food - they're more plain ole' meat and potatoes types.

So I broke out my new cookbook from Giada and got to work planning our meal. For appetizers we will be serving cheese, soupy, and crackers, marinated mushrooms, assorted middleastern olives, bruschetta, and white bean dip with pita chips. For dinner we are having scallops (my MIL's favorite) wrapped in pancetta with a holandaise sauce, roasted asparagus, caprese salad, scalloped potatoes (DH wanted this), and cheesy rosemary breadsticks. For dessert we will have tiramisu, fresh berries with chocolate sauce leftover from the tiramisu, and I made a special little creation of ladyfingers, homemade whipped cream, and berries all layered together for my nephew who probably won't like the tiramisu.

On that note, Aiden is waking up from his nap and they'll be here in a half hour. I better go. Wish me luck!


3 Comments:

Blogger C said...

Can I come to dinner too? Sounds delicious!

Blogger Stacey said...

ditto Carolyn! can you mail me leftovers??? sounds wonderful!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
» »

Post a Comment

<< Home