Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Would you lighten up already?
Lighten Up! Weight Loss Through Hypnotherapy.

So I went to the session last night and I have to say WOW! What an interesting and exciting experience it was. I can't even begin to tell you all the wonderful information that was discussed. They talked about society today and how the conveniences we have are adding to the epidemic of obesity in this country. We spoke about the right and wrong foods to be consuming (basically anything that has an indefinite shelf life you shouldn't be consuming). The level of activity that we should be striving for - 10 minutes a day for every decade you have lived, but that most people don't move enough because we just don't have to anymore in this age of computers, cell phones, cars, buses, etc.

We talked about what makes people naturally skinny. You know those people who can eat whatever they want? Those people allow themselves to have what they want but they also seem to stop when appropriate. They are also usually more active. Did you know that when you consume a meal you should not drink during your meal? The body has this natural ability to regulate our appetite and it has something to do with the saliva in your mouth when you are eating. By drinking during a meal you are messing with this ability. If you eat until you feel 80% full and then consume your beverage you will find that your metabolism will start working much better.

Something like weight loss through hypnosis can't be accomplished in one quick session. Its something that you have to work at. They did put us under hypnosis at the end of the session and I have to say that when I came out of it I felt better, more energized, refreshed, and driven than I've felt in a long time.

Here is some of the things that we did while under hypnosis: She asked us to look deep inside ourselves and realize what it is that is driving us to eat in an unhealthy way. What is it that you're trying to accomplish by eating like this. For me, it came through so clearly, I immediately thought self esteem and self respect. The realization of that brought tears to my eyes. It was a very emotional discovery. Because being fat makes me feel like I'm worthless. I have no self respect or self esteem and if I don't have it for myself how can others value and respect me?

She asked us to picture ourselves in place that we find peaceful and comforting. For me I was in our local park. Its such a beautiful park and I was there with my husband and my son. That gave me a feeling of such peace and calm. Then she told us to picture a building that was unassuming and peaceful. There was a door and we opened it and went through it and inside there was a scale. We stepped onto the scale and the numbers that came up were our ideal body weight. I saw those numbers very clearly and it made the possibility seem more real. Then we got off the scale and stepped up to a mirror. The reflection we saw was ourselves at our ideal weight. We studied the reflection, turning to admire our form. I swear I had tingles up and down my arms when I saw myself so clearly the way I want to look. It really brought out a lot of emotions but mostly I felt such a strong feeling of happiness like I can't even describe. It was wonderful.

So starting on Monday I am entered in a 6 week program. Here is what the literature states:

During six groups sessions you'll discover your own unique food management plan, your ideal weight, and how to turn cravings into healthy actions. You'll recieve a custom hypnosis CD to jump start your healthy weight plan. You will also learn self hypnosis which will keep you on track.

I will keep everyone posted on how this goes for me. I am really looking forward to this experience.


1 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

Muff, that is actually really interesting. I'll be anxious to see how it goes for you. Good luck!!

Post a Comment

<< Home