Wednesday, May 31, 2006
You are getting sleepy
Do you believe you can lose weight through hypnotism? I believe it. I mean, if you can quit smoking and many other things why not lose weight? I'm not sure what exactly they would suggest to you while you are under someones power. Maybe instilling in you some kind of desire to eat right and exercise. Maybe they'll make you believe that chocolate tastes like vomit and ice cream will give you the shits. Who knows.

But I'm going to find out. Next Tuesday I'm going to a program being held at the hospital where I gave birth. Its called Lighten Up: Weight Loss Through Hypnotherapy. I'm really excited about it and I can't wait to see what its all about. I'm not sure if they'll actually hypnotize you there or if its just informative and you'll have to actually make an appointment and pay for the hypnotism.

I'm willing to try anything at this point. I'm so depressed about my weight lately that I just eat to numb the pain. I know that is just making it worse but for a few minutes that it takes to enjoy a pint of ice cream, I just don't seem to care or care enough to exercise some willpower. I will report back with the results of the seminar.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be interested to hear how you liked it. My mom had much success quitting smoking this way, and has begged me to do the same (I know, I know) so I totally beleive it can work. I wish they had a program like that around here, maybe I should look into it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if I credit the hypnosis for helping me speak in public or whether it was my sheer determination to do WHATEVER it takes to get over it. But something worked. Keep me updated - I wanna hear all about it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
» » »

Post a Comment

<< Home