Wednesday, December 07, 2005
And then she comes to her senses
because her husband isn't totally crazy (he is only partly crazy because he married my mom). Yes, so if he says I made a valid point then I must have. But otherwise, in her mind, she can't see the reasoning. She is so mind numbingly brainless.

Subject: Paul and I discussed this...

He thinks your response was mature and had some valid points, which I already agreed with you on. He doesn't agree that distance is best but agrees that you have the right to decide who you will talk to and who you won't talk to. He also agreed that you have the right to decide how to raise your own child and as hard as it is for grandparents to keep quiet about things, we need to let you make your own mistakes with your children as we did with ours.
As hard as it is for me to agree with him on this, I am afraid that I have to because I respect who he is and what his insights are. He is a good and kind man. He sees my feelings as well in that I may not always choose the best of words to say, my intentions towards you have always been to make things better not worse for you. But he observes that we don't mix well and possibly never will.
But distance is what you are asking for and it is what you will have.
Please don't keep our grandchild's progress from us. If you can't bring yourself to send words please at least send us pictures of him so we can see him and love him from a distance.


4 Comments:

Blogger Jamila said...

oh, so she respects him when he says things, but not you when you say the exact same things? She calls you a spoiled child, but when has SHE ever treated you like an adult?

Blogger Me said...

Seriously ditto JJ. She is using emotional blackmail, pulling out all the things she and your grandma supposedly did to make your life so perfect, and then expecting you to hear that and suddenly be repentant of some imagined sin, and cave to her in what, gratitude? No way.

"Yet when you realized he was
awake you sat in your room
with him instead of being
the kind and caring person
that you could have been."

This, in particular pisses me off. You ARE a kind and caring person, Muffy. Don't let her make you believe otherwise. UGH. I just want to hit her when she types things like that. I'd like to show her unkind and uncaring.

Blogger Muffy said...

You know what irks me about that statement Leen, is she is totally freaking wrong. He was awake because he wanted to nurse but I had to pee. So I set him down on the floor with some toys so I could go. She comes walking in, without knocking, just as I'd finished up and was about to get him to nurse.

She is a jerk and a half. I told her that and she wanted to sit there and play with him. So I let her, even though it was annoying, until he started crying because HELLO he is waiting to nurse. She has selective memory.

Blogger Stacey said...

Goodness...all that craziness just gave me a migraine! Your mom is delusional, and a whiny old woman. Thank goodness she has some sort saneness "Paul" in her life to bring her back to reality. ..or at least partially there.

And big fat DITTO to JJ.

I love you Muffy! =)

Post a Comment

<< Home