Tuesday, December 20, 2005
A post that is not about my mother
I don't think I've written anything in a while that doesn't involve my mother. So what should I talk about then? Lets see. How about sex? That is something I wanted to discuss when I started this blog so here goes.

Its really strange to me how sex changes when you get pregnant and then have a baby. You go from having lots and lots of sex to try to get pregnant to pretty much none at all because you're sick or sick of sex. I know I was thoroughly sick of sex through my whole pregnancy. We did it exactly two times through the whole nine months. It was uncomfortable and just not pleasureable at all.

After you have a baby and you're given the green light to go at it again, I found myself in a state of confusion. Its weird having sex just for the enjoyment of it again. Its also weird having sex and being parents. Now you've got someone else in the house who might hear you. Now you're doing what your parents probably did (yuck!). I had a really difficult time getting my head around this new intimacy.

To be honest, I couldn't turn off the mom at the end of the day after the baby was asleep. It really took a long time to finally turn that off effectively. To not be humming baby songs in your head while doing the deed. To not be thinking that you'd rather be getting much needed sleep than doing it. Or worse, to coo at your DH during the deed. (yeah, I never did that no!)

Now at 8 months post partum I'm finally finding that old self again. The one that enjoys the intimacy and can have fun doing it. I don't know if its just that I finally got my period and that knocked my hormones back into whack. Maybe thats what did it. Anyway, all I can say is that I have the most patient husband there is because he put up with my sex issues and never complained once. I plan to thoroughly make it up to him because he totally deserves it!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home